Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Tortilla Ranch Roll-Ups

Original Recipe from:  Annie Tynan-Davis

This recipe was sent to me by my dear friend, and blog-follower, Annie.  I recently made them for a girl’s night out party and they were a big hit.  Because we had a couple vegetarians at the party, I made some without any lunch meat, and they were very tasty too.  Roll-ups are great for a party, pot-luck event, or big-game weekends.  An easy to make and fun to eat recipe, sure to please all.  I recommend making them a several hours ahead of time and then slice just before serving.  Make a batch for your friends and family, I know they will love them.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

2-8 ounce packages Cream Cheese, softened
1 package dry Ranch Dressing mix
1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper, minced
1/2 cup Celery, minced
1/4 cup Green Onion, sliced
1/4 cup Olives, sliced (optional)
Deli Ham, Turkey, or Roast Beef, sliced thin
4-10” flour Tortillas



Directions

In a mixing bowl, beat softened Cream Cheese and Ranch Dressing mix until smooth.





Add Red Pepper, Celery, Onions, and Olives, mix well.

Spread about 3/4 cup on each tortilla.  Note:  I used less, about 1/2 cup. 

Layer sliced luncheon meat on top of Cream Cheese Spread.



Roll up tightly and wrap in plastic wrap.



Refrigerate for at least 2 hours.

Slice into 1” pieces. 


No comments:

Post a Comment