Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Monday, August 15, 2011

Grandma’s Pineapple Zucchini Loaf

Original Recipe from:  Lucy Griffin-Bowers

While I’m a big fan of my Kay's Village Zucchini Bread, I had to give my grandma’s recipe a try.  This one is very different from mine, but I will admit it’s quite good.  This is a spicier version with nutmeg, raisins and nuts.  If you are looking for a different recipe, give this one a try.  The Village Taste Testers gave it a big thumb’s up!  Enjoy!!!



Ingredients



3 Eggs
3/4 cup Vegetable Oil (Corn or Canola)
1/4 cup Water
2 cups Sugar
2 teaspoons Vanilla
2 cups shredded Zucchini
8 ounces Crushed Pineapple, drained
3 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon Nutmeg
1 cup Raisins
1 cup chopped Walnuts (optional)

Directions


In a large mixing bowl mix the following ingredients together:  Eggs, Oil, Water, Sugar, Vanilla, Zucchini, and Pineapple.  Mix thoroughly with mixer on medium speed.



Add Flour, Baking Soda, Salt, Cinnamon, and Nutmeg.  Continue mixing until well blended.  

Add Raisins and Nuts.

Pour into greased and floured baking pans (2 large or 3 medium loaf pans)



Bake in 350 degree oven until toothpick clean; 45-50 minutes for medium pans, 50-60 minutes for large pans.

Sprinkle with Cinnamon Sugar immediately upon removing from the oven.  

No comments:

Post a Comment