Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Village Tuna Macaroni Salad

Original Recipe from:  Kay Johnson-Tomblin

Throughout the years this salad has been a staple for my family.  One of the most requested when everyone gets together.  I have often asked if they wouldn’t like something different and the answer is always a resounding NO.  This is a recipe that has always been in my head, never written down.  When I started this blog, my kids reminded me to make sure I included the Tuna Macaroni Salad.  So this one is dedicated to my kids….just because you asked!  Feel free to cut the recipe in half or double it depending on the size of your crowd.  It tastes great the next day too!  Enjoy!



Ingredients

1 pound package of Elbow Macaroni (Small Sea Shell pasta also works well)
8 hard-boiled Eggs
1 cup diced Celery
3-4 ounces diced Cheese (Cheddar or Colby Jack)
2 small or 1 large can Tuna Fish (I use light tuna packed in water)
Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip (whichever you prefer)



Directions

Prepare Macaroni as directed on package.  Rinse in cold water and let cool.

Dice Eggs, Celery and Cheese.  Thoroughly drain Tuna Fish. 

Combine all dry ingredients and mix.  Then add Mayonnaise or Miracle Whip.  I start out with one cup and then add more until it reaches the desired consistency.  Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. 

1 comment:

  1. One thing I forgot to mention in the recipe.....

    I often substitute Canned Chicken Breast for the Tuna. Great change of pace when you want something different.

    Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete