Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Muffins

Original Recipe from:  Virginia Bowers-Johnson

Chocolate Chip Muffins are always a hit with little kids, and kids of all ages.  Annie Davis, blog follower and dear friend, requested this recipe so she could make them for her co-workers.  When she made the request, I didn’t have a recipe in the large collection I’m currently posting from.  So, I had to go to the stash of cook books and miscellaneous file folders that I call “My Library”.  Every time I go to My Library, I find treasures and tend to get distracted from my search because of all the wonderful things I find.  This recipe was found on a scrap of paper inside one of my mother’s cook books.  I have no idea where it originally came from.  Mother had so many recipes like that and I wonder how long it will take me to sort through all of them.  In the meantime, I’ll keep posting and sharing them with you.  Enjoy!


Ingredients

Batter
2 cups all-purpose Flour
1 cup white Sugar
3 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 cup Milk
1/2 cup Vegetable Oil
1 Egg
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Topping
3 tablespoons white Sugar
2 tablespoons Brown Sugar

Directions
1.       Heat oven to 400 degrees. Grease bottoms only of muffin cups or line with baking cups.
2.       In a medium bowl, combine Flour, Sugar, Baking Powder, Chocolate Chips, and Salt; mix well. In a separate bowl, combine Milk, Vanilla, Oil and Egg; blend well. Add dry ingredients all at once; stir just until dry ingredients are moistened (batter will be lumpy.)
3.       Fill cups 2/3 full. Sprinkle tops of muffins before baking with a combination of 3 tablespoons Sugar and 2 tablespoon Brown Sugar. Note:  Course Sugar can be substituted for the mixture of sugar and brown sugar.  Either way will give good results. 
4.       Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 1 minute before removing from pan. Serve warm.

Makes approximately 18 muffins

No comments:

Post a Comment