Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Friday, July 15, 2011

Village Honey Barbeque Sauce

Original Recipe from:  Kay Johnson-Tomblin

This blog has had several requests for my barbeque sauce…another recipe I have never written down.  Each time I would make it, it would be a little different.  So, I worked on it and actually wrote it down as I was making it.  I believe I finally have a finished product that is worthy of sharing with you.  This is a sweet barbeque sauce that goes great with ribs and poultry, baked or grilled.  The Village Taste Testers declared this recipe a winner, I hope you do too.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

1 cup Cider Vinegar
8 ounce Tomato Sauce
1/2 cup Honey
1/2 cup light Dark Brown Sugar
1/3 cup Ketchup (I use Hunt’s No High Fructose Corn Syrup)
1 tablespoon Smoked Paprika
2 teaspoons Chili Powder


Note:  I forgot to include the Ketchup in this picture….sorry.

Directions

Combine all ingredients in a medium sauce pan.  Heat to a boil then simmer for at least an hour, stirring frequently.  If you like it sweeter, add more honey or brown sugar.  If you like it spicier, add more chili powder. 

Brush on ribs or poultry during the last part of the cooking process.  For ribs I brush the sauce on the last hour of cooking; for Poultry the last half hour. 

Store extra barbeque sauce in a sealed container in the refrigerator. 


No comments:

Post a Comment