Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Homemade White Chocolate Peanut Butter

Original Recipe from:  Jeanie Wamser-Andrews

Jeanie called me the other day and told me she was working on something new and exciting.  Later that evening she sent over a jar of her homemade peanut butter.  What a delicious surprise.  She also took a jar of her goodness to work to share with her co-workers…they were very impressed!  I’ve never attempted to make peanut butter before, although I am a huge fan.  Since Jeanie shared her recipe with me, I am impressed with how very easy the process is and only two ingredients!  No added oils, no ingredients you can’t pronounce.  Jeanie and I both agree that this recipe would make some awesome peanut butter cookies….I think that is what I am going to do with my jar.  What will you do with yours?  I’d love to hear from you.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

16 ounce jar of Planter’s Lightly Roasted Peanuts
12 ounces Nestle Premier White Chocolate Morsels

Directions
Pour peanuts into a blender.  Blend until all peanuts are smooth.  Note:  while blending you will need to stop and stir the peanuts frequently to get the peanuts to blend just right.  This is the most time consuming part of the whole process.

When peanuts are all smooth, add White Chocolate Morsels and blend some more, until smooth and creamy.

Pour peanut butter into a jar and store in the refrigerator to keep from separating. 

No comments:

Post a Comment