Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Ambrosia

Original Recipe from:  Virginia Bowers-Johnson

When I was a child Ambrosia was the family favorite for every cook-out and family get together.  Either my mother or one of the other female family members would bring this dish.  Throughout the 60’s and 70’s Ambrosia was an immensely popular dish for almost every family I knew….everyone made it.  Take a trip down memory lane and make a dish of Ambrosia for your friends and family.  I will bet many of them have never heard of it, or have fond memories from their childhood.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 cup Mandarin Oranges
2 cup Pineapple Tidbits
1 cup Coconut
1 cup Mini-Marshmallows
1 cup (1/2 pint) Sour Cream
1 cup chopped Walnuts (optional)

Directions

Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Refrigerate 45 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment