Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Monday, July 11, 2011

Old Fashioned Green Beans

Original Recipe from:  Lucy Griffin-Bowers

Grandma’s Green Beans, what a wonderful memory from my childhood.  Grandma would snap the beans in a bowl on her lap and tell me stories.  It didn’t matter what the story was, it was the time I spent with her that meant the world to me.  I snap beans just like Grandma….with a bowl in my lap and remember Grandma and Mother and all the other wonderful family members who inspire me.  Who inspires you?  Who do you think of when you cook?  Sit a spell and snap some beans and take a moment to remember those who are important in your life.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

1/2 cup cooking or olive oil
1/4 cup chopped onion
1-1/2 or 2 cloves of garlic, minced
1/4 cup water
2 pounds green beans
Salt and pepper to taste


Directions

Heat oil in medium-large sauce pan.  Cook onions and garlic until tender.  Add water and green beans and cook all afternoon, until green beans are tender.  Salt and pepper to taste.

No comments:

Post a Comment