Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Monday, February 28, 2011

Virginia’s Cheese Ball

Original Recipe from:  Virginia Bowers-Johnson

My mother made this cheese ball every time she entertained.  It was always a hit, and everyone asked her for the recipe.  It’s so easy to make and tastes better than any store-bought cheese ball…much less expensive too.  Make one for your next party and watch it disappear!  Enjoy!

Ingredients

12 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (I use Neufchatel, 1/3 less fat for a healthier option)
2 ounces blue cheese (crumbled)
1 tablespoon dry onions

Sliced almonds or chopped walnuts


Directions

Mix together cream cheese, blue cheese, and dry onions.

Form into a ball.  Roll cheese ball in nuts, cover thoroughly.

Chill at least an hour before serving.

Note:  I often make this the day before serving.  Saves time the day of my event and it’s more flavorful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment