Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Easy Chicken Pot Pie

Original Recipe from:  Doris Ann Griffin-Swiger and Margaret Johnson-Hendirx

I’m not sure who had this recipe first, but I do believe both my aunt and my sister deserve the credit for this recipe.  This is a very good…and easy….pot pie.  It’s also very budget friendly!  When I was a working mom, I would cook and prep as much as I could over the weekend so that during the week, I was just putting dishes together and cooking the meals.  If you boil a whole chicken and cut up the meat, you will find that you can get at least two casseroles out of one chicken.  With all of the prep work done, I actually had time during the week to put a home-cooked meal on the table for my family.  This is also a recipe that the kids can help with. Younger kids can help; teenagers can actually put it all together and do the cooking for you.  Studies have shown that the more involved kids are in the kitchen, the less picky they are about what they will eat.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

1-2/3 cups frozen Mixed Vegetables, thawed
1 cup diced, cooked Chicken (Note:  I use 2 cups for a meatier pie)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 cup Bisquick baking mix
1/2 cup Milk


Directions

Heat oven to 400 degrees.

Mix Vegetables and Chicken Soup in an ungreased 9 inch Pie Plate.  In a medium mixing bowl, stir remaining ingredients with a fork until blended.  Pour into Pie Plate.  Bake 30 minutes or until golden brown.  

Makes 6 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment