Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Grandma Griffin’s Peanut Butter Cookies

Original Recipe from:  Great Grandma Griffin

Maggie Etta Murray-Griffin was my maternal great-grandmother.  While I personally have very few memories of her, I do remember the many stories my mother and grandmother told me about her.  She was another one of those good cooks in our family who knew her way around the kitchen and how to make delicious foods for her family.  This is a traditional peanut butter cookie recipe, very easy to make and taste great!  Make a batch for your family, get that great smell throughout the house and stand back.  Your taste testers won’t be far behind.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

1/2 cup Butter or Margarine
1/2 cup Peanut Butter (smooth)
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup granulated Sugar
1 Egg
1-1/4 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Salt
3/4 teaspoon Baking Soda
1/2 teaspoon Baking Powder



Directions

Cream Butter and Peanut Butter.  Add Sugar gradually and cream thoroughly.


Add well-beaten Egg to the creamed mixture.



Add Flour sifted with Salt, Soda, and Baking Powder.  Mix thoroughly.





Chill the dough in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.  Then form into balls the size of a walnut.  Place balls on a floured baking sheet.  Flatten with a fork dipped in flour, making a criss-cross pattern.  Note:  I roll the dough balls in granulated sugar and place on a greased cookie sheet; then flatten with a fork (no need to flour the fork). 





Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes.  Cook cookies on a wire rack.  

No comments:

Post a Comment