Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Monday, December 12, 2011

Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies

Original Recipe from:  Nestle®

The Original Toll House Chocolate Cookie is, to me, the best chocolate cookie ever.  This is the recipe that I have used since I learned to bake cookies.  In fact, I believe this is the very first cookie I ever baked.  Our dear, family friend, Carol, taught me to bake them at the shortest recommended baking time for soft, chewy cookies.  The holidays are not complete if I don’t make at least one batch of these delicious cookies.  They are Santa’s favorite after all.  Make a batch today and get that wonderful aroma throughout your home.  Oh, and get a glass of cold milk ready.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

1 cup Butter (2 sticks), softened
3/4 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
3/4 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
2-1/4 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon Salt
2 cups (12 ounce package) Nestle Toll House Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
1 cup chopped Nuts (optional)

Directions
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.

In a medium mixing bowl, combine Flour, Baking Soda, and Salt.  Mix well and set aside.

Beat together Butter, Brown Sugar, Sugar, and Vanilla in a large mixing bowl until creamy.


Add Eggs and beat well.



Gradually beat in Flour Mixture. 




Stir in Morsels and Nuts.  Mix well.



Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.

Bake 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to continue cooling on wire racks.  Makes about 5 dozen cookies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment