Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Butterscotch Brownies

Original Recipe from:  Kim Ashbrook

Kim is one of the many blessings in my life.  She started out a friend of my daughter, and through this blog has become a dear member of The Village.  We share a passion for baking and a quirky sense of humor.  I’m looking forward to spending some time in the kitchen with her.  If she says, “this is good”, I’m a believer.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

2 cups Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/2 teaspoon Salt
1 bag Butterscotch Morsels
1/2 cup Butter
2 cups Brown Sugar
4 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 cup Chopped Nuts

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Grease 15x10x1 inch baking pan (Jelly Roll Pan)

In small bowl mix Flour, Baking Powder, and Salt, set aside.

Over warm heat, combine Butterscotch Morsels and Butter until smooth.

Transfer into a large mixing bowl and stir in Brown Sugar.  Let cool for a minute.

Beat in Eggs and Vanilla.

Blend in Flour Mixture.  Stir in Chopped Nuts

Spread evenly into the greased baking pan.

Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.

Let cool, then cut into squares……Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment