Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Monday, April 25, 2011

Honey Mustard Glaze

Original Recipe from:  Snookie Scopas

The first time I had this glaze on a lamb chop, I thought it was the most delectable taste I had ever tasted.  Then Snookie used it on a pork loin and again, absolutely delicious.  Ribs soon followed and, again I was amazed.  The last time Snookie made it he put it on grilled rib-eye steaks, a more fabulous steak I challenge you to find.  I decided to try the glaze on my Easter Ham….it was the Best ham I have ever made!  So far, we haven’t found a meat that this glaze doesn’t work well with.  Give it a try, and let me know what you glazed.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

1/4 cup Honey
1/4 cup Yellow Mustard
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder

Directions

Lamb Chops:  Brush glaze on both sides of each chop.  Grill or broil the chops.

Pork Loin:  Brush glaze on top side of the loin (fat side).  Bake or Rotisserie the pork loin until done.

Ribs:  Brush glaze on the ribs as you would for any other type of sauce.  Bake or Grill the ribs.

Steaks:  Make several passes over the steak with a “knife meat tenderizer”, and then brush glaze on both sides.  Grill or broil the steaks.

Ham:  Glaze ham the last 20 minutes of baking time. 





No comments:

Post a Comment