Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies

Original Recipe from:  Virginia Bowers-Johnson

These are my mothers famous Oatmeal Raisin Cookies.  Everyone loved them.  Her grandchildren would often call her to put in their request for a batch.  She always remembered who liked them with raisins and who preferred them without.  Try them and I am sure your loved ones will request them often.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

1 cup Butter, softened
1 cup firmly packed Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Eggs
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1-1/2 cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon Salt
2 cups Oatmeal (uncooked)
1 cup Raisins

Directions

1)  Heat oven to 350 degrees.
2)  Beat together Butter and Sugar until creamy.
3)  Add Eggs and Vanilla, beat well.
4)  Add Flour, Baking Soda, Cinnamon, and Salt.  Mix well.
5)  Stir in Oatmeal and Raisins.  Mix well.
6)  Drop by rounded tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet.
8)  Bake 10-12 minutes until brown.

1 comment:

  1. I only had 3/4 c. of raisins, so I added 3/4 c. chocolate chips. Good combination!

    ReplyDelete