Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Peanut Blossoms

Original Recipe from:  Margaret Johnson-Hendrix

If you ask my kids what their favorite cookie is, they will tell you Peanut Blossoms (a.k.a. Chocolate Kisses Cookies).  Next to grandma’s Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, these are the best.  Once for a Holiday Cookie Exchange I made 15 dozen of these delicacies.  After that, I didn’t want to make them for a long time.  The ladies of the cookie exchange were so happy I attended that year!  While I don’t recommend making 15 dozen very often, I do highly recommend these cookies.  Your friends and family will love you!  Enjoy!

Ingredients

1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Shortening (I use Butter
1/2 cup Peanut Butter (I use creamy style)
1 Egg
2 tablespoons Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1-3/4 cup Flour
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
48 Milk Chocolate Kisses

Directions


Cream Shortening, Sugar, Brown Sugar, and Peanut Butter until light and fluffy.  Add Egg, Milk and Vanilla and mix.  Add Flour and Baking Soda and mix thoroughly.  Chill dough for 2-3 hours (or overnight).

Shape dough into balls, using a rounded teaspoon for each.  Roll balls into Sugar and place on an ungreased cookie sheet. 

Bake in 375 degree oven for 10-12 minutes.  Top each cookie with a candy Kiss immediately.  Press down firmly so cookie cracks around edge. 

No comments:

Post a Comment