Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Friday, June 3, 2011

Sugar Cookies, No Rolling Required

Original Recipe from:  Margaret Johnson-Hendrix

My sister shared this recipe with me almost 30 years ago.  At the time I was a working mother with little kids and a very busy life.  Rolling out sugar cookies just seemed like more time than I had to give the project.  Once I made these, I saw no need to make traditional sugar cookies.  They were just that easy.  While sugar cookies are usually reserved for holiday, I like to make these cookies….just because….just because it seems like a good day to make cookies, just because they sound good.  Make a batch for your loved ones….just because.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

3/4 cup Sugar
1 cup Butter (do not substitute)
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 teaspoon Cream of Tartar
1 egg, beaten
1/2 teaspoon Baking Soda
2 cups Flour


Directions


Cream Butter and Sugar until light and fluffy.  Add Egg and Vanilla and mix.  Gradually add all dry ingredients, mixing as you add.  Refrigerate 2-3 hours (or overnight).  Roll into tiny balls, then roll in sugar (may use colored sugar), then press with bottom of a drinking glass to flatten.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment