Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Village Apple Pie

Original Recipe from:  Kay Johnson-Tomblin

Apple Pie is an All-American treat that everyone loves.  This recipe was shared with me over 30 years ago from a fellow firefighter’s wife.  Since that time, I have lost count of how many apple pies I have made.  Apple Pie is a must have for my family holiday dinners and this one is their favorite.  Make an apple pie for your family; it will put love in their souls and a smile on their faces.  Enjoy!



 
Ingredients

10-12 medium size apples; peeled and sliced.  (Note:  I use McIntosh Apples, but any good baking apple will work)
1 cup Sugar
1/4 cup Flour
1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
2-3 pats of Butter
2 pie crusts (Note:  Make your own from scratch or use Pillsbury Pie Dough in the refrigerator section of your grocery)


Directions

Put one pie crust on the bottom of your pie pan.  Add sliced apples to the crust. 


In a medium mixing bowl combine the Sugar, Flour, and Cinnamon.  Mix well.  Pour this mixture over the sliced apples distributing evenly. Top with pats of Butter.  Cover with second Pie Crust.





Bake in 375 degree oven for 15 minutes.  Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking for 40-45 minutes.  Sprinkle pie crust with Cinnamon Sugar immediately after removing the pie from the oven. 

No comments:

Post a Comment