Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Aunt Kay’s Pie Crust

Original Recipe from:  Kay Bowers-Wheeler

My Aunt Kay was a very special lady.  Not only did we share a name in common, she was totally at home in her kitchen.  She had a wonderful ability to feed her family nutritious meals on a shoestring budget, yet you would never know it by the taste of her cooking.  Aunt Kay believed in getting her kids involved in meal preparation, they learned how to cook at early ages.  The heart of her home was definitely centered in the kitchen and dining room.  She was an amazing role model for me growing up.  I proudly share my name and love for cooking with her!  Give her Pie Crust a try and fill it with your favorite pie filling.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

2 cups sifted Flour
3/4 teaspoon Salt
2/3 cup Shortening (Crisco)
5 tablespoons cold Water (no more)

Directions

Combine all ingredients and mix well.  Roll out to desired thickness. 

Bake in 475 degree oven until brown.

Makes 2 pie crusts

No comments:

Post a Comment