Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Village Flatbread Pizza

Original Recipe from:  Kay Johnson-Tomblin

Pizza is one of my personal favorite treats.  My neighborhood is full of delicious take-out pizza choices, but I don’t always feel like ordering out.  Kim’s Pizza Dough is fabulous, but makes way too much for a single household.  I don’t care for most of the ready-made pizza crust options at the grocery story, even though they are available in smaller sizes.  Making a personal pizza at home was a problem for me.  Then I found square Pita Bread at my local grocery store.  The package says “Great as a Pizza Crust”, so I decided to give it a try.  All I can say is, “amazing”!  The perfect crust, the perfect size, very convenient, and taste great!

These pizzas would make a great family night dinner.  Get out a selection of toppings and let each family member make their own pizza.  They would also make a great dinner party theme with each guest making their pizza just the way they like it.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

1 piece Square Pita Bread
Marinara Sauce (or any pizza sauce you like)
Chicken Chunks
Sliced Mushrooms
Bacon Bits
Mozzarella Cheese, shredded



Directions


Place Pita Square on a baking pan.  Spoon a layer of sauce to desired thickness on top of the Pita.  Then layer mushrooms, bacon bits, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.  Note:  For this pizza I prefer the cheese on top.  I usually layer the cheese on top of the sauce and then the toppings over the cheese.




Place in 400 degree oven and bake 5-7 minutes, until cheese melts.  Cut and serve. 

Note:  You can make your pizza with any toppings you like.  Suggestions:  Pepperoni, Ham, Italian Sausage, Chicken, Hamburger, Green Peppers, Yellow Peppers, Tomatoes, Mushrooms, and anything else you can think of.  Have fun and create a fast and easy meal. 



No comments:

Post a Comment