Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Chicken Pot Pie

Original Recipe from: Carol Becker

Is there a better comfort food than Chicken Pot Pie?  I don’t think so, and neither does The New York Times.  They just proclaimed Pot Pie as the hottest food in the fashion industry.  This quick and very easy Pot Pie recipe is a winner.  Submitted by Carol Becker through my dear friend, Rebecca Herrin, this is a "must try" recipe in my opinion.  Everyone I've made it for declares it the "best pot pie" they've every tasted.  Try one today and let me know what you think.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

2 – 9 inch Pie Crusts (we recommend using the Pillsbury Pie Crusts available in the refrigerated section of your   local grocery).
2 cups Chicken, cooked and cubed
16 ounce bag of frozen Vegetables for Soup (I use Freshlike)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup
1 can Cream of Potato Soup
½ cup milk
¼ teaspoon thyme
¼ teaspoon black pepper (I use fresh ground black pepper)
1 egg white



Directions



Combine ingredients in large mixing bowl.  Spoon filling into pie crust, cover with second pie crust. Crimp edges and brush top crust with egg white. 



Bake 375 degree oven for 40 minutes.
Cool 10-15 minutes before serving.



No comments:

Post a Comment