Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Monday, March 28, 2011

Deviled Eggs


Original Recipe from: Kay Johnson-Tomblin


This recipe was a request from Annie Davis, Blogger – The Art of My Life. I’ve never followed a recipe to make Deviled Eggs, I just make them…the same way my mother taught me how when I was about 10 years old. Annie has never made them, so I told her I would figure out the measurements and write it out for her. The key to deviled eggs is the consistency of the yolk mixture (it needs to be smooth but not too much liquid) and what ingredients you like. If you like a hint of onion, add some dried onion flakes to your mixture. Enjoy!






Ingredients and Directions


10 Eggs, hard boiled
1/4 cup of Mayonnaise (Hellman’s or Miracle Whip, which ever you prefer)
2 teaspoons Yellow Mustard
3 tablespoons Sweet Relish

Cut hard-boiled eggs in half, lengthwise. Remove yolks and put in a small mixing bowl.


Mash up the egg yolks with a fork.


Add all other ingredients and mix until well blended.


Add yolk mixture to the eggs using a spoon or a pastry bag.


Sprinkle paprika on top of the yolk mixture (optional)



Refrigerate until serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment