Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Salsa from Pam Shepherd’s Kitchen

A big thank you to Pam Shepherd for sharing this recipe! Pam and I have been dear friends since our high-school years. We are such good friends that I even named my daughter after her! The last time Pam and Bob lived in Michigan she made this salsa for a dinner party they were hosting. I loved how simple it was to make, and how tasty it was…so much better than store-bought! Make a batch for yourself and let me know how you like it. Enjoy!



Ingredients and Directions

1/4 of an Onion
3 (or more) Cloves of Garlic
1/2 of a Jalapeno Pepper (adjust depending on how hot or mild you want your sauce)
Fresh Cilantro (to taste)


Using a hand-held chopper, chop all ingredients together until the consistency of “muck”. (Kay’s Note: if you don’t have a hand-held chopper, you could use a food processor)
Drain a large can of whole Tomatoes. Add tomatoes to the rest of the ingredients and continue chopping until it is well blended.

Pam’s Note: She has made this salsa without the Cilantro and it is still very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment