Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Sliced Baked Potatoes

Original Recipe from:  Kay Johnson-Tomblin

Try this tasty variation of a baked potato, very easy to prepare and oh so good to eat.  I love the way the spices season the potatoes as they bake, then the parmesan and cheddar topping gives it just the right touch.  I served these at my last dinner party, and they were a big hit.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

4 medium, even shaped, baking Potatoes
1 teaspoon Sea Salt
3 tablespoons Butter, melted
2-3 teaspoons each:  Sage, Thyme, and Parsley
4 tablespoons shredded Cheddar Cheese
1.5 teaspoons Parmesan Cheese

Directions

Scrub and rinse potatoes. 

Cut potatoes into thin slices, but not all the way through.  I use the handle of a wooden spoon to prevent my knife from cutting all the way through. 



Place potatoes in a baking dish.  Fan the potatoes slightly.

Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with butter.

Sprinkle Sage, Thyme, and Parsley on top of the potatoes.

Bake potatoes in 425 degree oven for about 50 minutes.

Remove pan from the oven.  Sprinkle with Parmesan and Cheddar Cheeses.

Bake potatoes for another 10-15 minutes until cheeses are melted and potatoes are soft inside. 

Serve with sour cream or ranch dressing if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment