Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Pork Loin Roast

Original Recipe from:  Virginia Bowers-Johnson

My mother created this recipe about 15 years ago and it instantly became a hit with our family.  I knew from the first bite that I HAD to know how she made it.  Of course, she never wrote the recipe down….so again…I am taking care of that pesky detail.  This is now my “go-to” recipe when I want to impress, but want to keep it simple for me.  I hope you feel the same way.  Enjoy!



Ingredients and

Pork Loin
3-4 tablespoons Olive Oil
Seasoning Salt
Garlic Powder
Sage
Basil


Directions

Wash and pat dry your Pork Loin.  Any size pork loin will work for this recipe.  I buy pork loins when they go on sale, then cut it into servings for roasts and chops.  If you are not comfortable cutting it yourself, the butcher at the store will cut it for you.

Place the Pork Loin in a baking dish that has a lid, fat side up.  Note:  If you do not have a baking dish large enough for this purpose, you can use any baking pan and cover with foil while cooking.

Brush the Pork Loin with Olive Oil coating generously.  Depending on the size of your roast, you may need more than the 3-4 tablespoons this recipe calls for. 



Sprinkle seasonings on top of the Pork Loin in the order listed.  You want the spices to cover the top (see picture).  Use about twice as much Basil as you do the other spices.  Note:  exact measurements are hard for this recipe as the size of the roast calls for a different amount each time. 



Bake covered in 350 degree oven for 1.5 hours.  Remove lid (or foil) and continue cooking for 30 minutes or until tender.  Let stand for about 5 minutes before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment