Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Pork Chop Casserole

Original Recipe from: Bernie Thrush-Bowers

This is a childhood dinner memory for me. I used to spend part of each summer with the Chicagoland branch of the family. Aunt Bernie always made those summers special for me, and that included teaching me “her” recipes, and this is one of them. This is a very easy family dinner recipe, very little prep time and so big on flavor. Add a vegetable, some bread and you’ve got a great meal. Enjoy!

Ingredients and Directions

6 Boneless Pork Chops
1 box Stove Top Stuffing (Pork or Corn Bread works well)
1 can Cream of Mushroom Soup
1/3 cup of Water

Brown Pork Chops in 1/4 cup margarine. Place chops in a 9x13 inch baking pan.

Prepare Stove Top Stuffing according to directions on the box. Spoon dressing on top of the pork chops.
In a small mixing bowl, combine the Cream of Mushroom Soup and the water. Whisk until smooth. Add this mixture to the casserole.

Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment