Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Banana Split Cake

Original Recipe from:  The Bowers Family

I’m not sure which family member is responsible for this recipe.  I found it in my grandmother’s collection, but it’s definitely not her handwriting.  I do know that several of the women in my family have made this cake over the years, and it was always wonderful!  Served chilled, it’s perfect for a hot summer day!  Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 can crushed Pineapple (drain juice in colander)
2 cups Graham Cracker Crumbs
2 cups Powdered Sugar
2 sticks Butter or Margarine
2 Eggs
2 tubs of Cool Whip
3 Bananas
Maraschino Cherries
Crushed Walnuts


Directions

1)      Drain Pineapple
2)      Mix Graham Cracker Crumbs and 1 stick soft Butter (or Margarine).
3)      Press crust into 13x9x2 inch baking pan and chill for one hour.
4)      Mix Sugar, 1 stick soft Butter (or Margarine) and 2 eggs.  Beat until thick.
5)      Spread Sugar Mixture (step 4) over the crumb crust.  Then spread crushed Pineapple.  Slice Bananas over the Pineapple.
6)      Spread Cool Whip over the bananas.  Sprinkle crushed Walnuts over the Cool Whip, and decorate with the Cherries.

Chill for at least 4 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment