Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Oven Fried Chicken

Original Recipe from:  Kay Johnson-Tomblin

My family loves fried chicken, but I don’t like frying it….so, I fry it in the oven. As a busy mother of two and working outside the home, I was always looking for ways to get everything done.  Short cuts in process were necessary, but never on taste.  The household budget was always on my mind as well.  Chicken recipes were the best…easy on the budget and I had plenty of recipes in which the oven would do most of my work.  If you are busy, or just looking for an easier way to fry chicken, give this recipe a try.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

Chicken pieces (as many as you need)
1-1/2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon Seasoning Salt
1 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1 teaspoon fresh ground Pepper
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 stick Margarine



Directions

Combine all dry ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. 

Wash and pat dry chicken pieces. 

Melt Margarine and pour in an oblong baking pan.



Coat Chicken pieces in flour.  Make sure each piece is thoroughly coated.



Place Chicken in baking pan, skin side down.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 1 hour (30 minutes on each side), until golden brown.  Note:  If your chicken pieces are very large, you may need additional baking time. 


No comments:

Post a Comment