Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Mini Cheese Cakes

Original Recipe from:  Virginia Bowers-Johnson

If you like cheese cake, you are going to love these mini cheese cakes.  So very easy to make and fun to serve.  These bite sized treats are just plain delicious!  I made them for Easter dinner and by the end of the day, I only had a few left.  The Village Taste Testers are still talking about the Strawberry Mini Cheese Cakes I made for them.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

8 ounces Cream Cheese (I use Neufchatel)
1 Egg
1/2 cup Sugar
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla
Vanilla Wafers
1 can Pie Filling (Strawberry, Cherry, or Blueberry)



Directions

Beat together Cream Cheese, Egg, Sugar and Vanilla until light and fluffy.

Line miniature muffin pans (1-3/4’ diameter) with paper baking cups.  Place a vanilla wafer in the bottom of each cup.  (Note:  you may have to trim the vanilla wafers to fit). 

Fill cups with rounded teaspoon of Cream Cheese mixture.  Bake in 375 degree oven for 10 minutes. 

Let cool and top each one with pie filling.  Keep refrigerated.

Makes approximately 40

No comments:

Post a Comment