Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Friday, May 13, 2011

Village Vegetable Dip

Original Recipe from:  Kay Johnson-Tomblin

About 25 years ago I attended a summer potluck barbeque.  One of the dishes was a vegetable tray with the most awesome dip I had ever tasted.  The lady who brought the dish rattled off the list of ingredients and I figured out the measurements.  Make this dip instead of your typical Ranch Dressing the next time you make a vegetable tray, I know you will love it.  Enjoy!


Ingredients

2/3 cup Sour Cream
2/3 cup Miracle Whip
1 tablespoon Dill Weed
1 tablespoons Parsley Flakes
1 tablespoon minced Garlic
1 tablespoon Beau-Monde


Directions

Mix all ingredients thoroughly with a whisk.  Refrigerate for one hour before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment