Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Friday, May 20, 2011

Virginia’s Breakfast Casserole

Original Recipe from:  Virginia Bowers-Johnson

My mother was the first person I knew to make a breakfast casserole and this was the recipe.  I remember when she made this, she was so happy to be able to make an easy breakfast in which all the food was ready for the table at the exact same time.  What a treat that was for her.  She could sit down with the family and enjoy her breakfast.  While this recipe is similar to my Breakfast Casserole this one uses crescent rolls instead of bread.  It also has a shorter baking time.  Try them both and then let me know which one is your favorite.  Enjoy!

Ingredients

1 pound ground sausage, cooked and drained
1 refrigerator tube of Crescent Rolls
2 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
4 Eggs
2/3 cup Milk
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions

Press Crescent Rolls in a 9x13x2 inch baking pan, sealing the seams.    Cover with Sausage and Cheese. 

Beat Eggs, Milk, Salt and Pepper.  Pour over top of the casserole.

Bake in 425 degree oven for 15 minutes or until set.  Note:  reduce the heat if using a glass baking dish.

No comments:

Post a Comment