Welcome

Welcome to Kay's Village Recipes! Some believe the heart of the home is in the kitchen, I believe the kitchen is the heart of the village. It takes a “village” to live life to its fullest and it has nothing to do with geography or how large or small a town you live in. My “village” is inhabited by family members, dear friends, co-workers, and the occasional visitor who is in my life for a short period of time. Each one of these people has a profound impact on my emotional wellbeing as well as the quality of my life, and all have one thing in common…they all love to eat, and I love to cook for them.
On this blog you will find free, family recipes for: homemade soups, breads, apple pie, cakes, candies, snacks, casseroles, main courses, side dishes, appetizers, breakfast, home-style cooking, and so much more.

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Veggie Pizza

Original Recipe from:  Virginia Johnson-Bowers

Veggie Pizza makes a great appetizer or potluck dish and a favorite with The Village Taste Testers.  This recipe is from my mother’s collection.  I have a recipe for a Veggie Pizza that I have made for years, but with this recipe, I have found my new favorite.  I made this for my daughter’s birthday party recently and it was a big hit.  The beauty of a vegetable pizza is you can top it with any vegetables you like.  Add or substitute vegetables as you like, that are in season, or that you have on hand.  Make it your way, and be proud of the results.  Enjoy!



Ingredients

2 packages Crescent Rolls (I use the Seamless Dough Sheets)
8 ounces Cream Cheese, softened (I use Neufchatel)
1 ounce package Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
2 tablespoons Mayonnaise
Chopped Vegetables – your choice.
                Up to 2 cups Broccoli,
Up to 1 cup Tomatoes,
Up to 2 cups Cucumber,
Up to 1 cup Green Peppers
Also good with:  Cauliflower, Mushrooms, Red and Yellow Peppers, Green Onions

1 cup each finely shredded Cheddar Cheese and Mozzarella Cheese



Directions

Spread Crescent Rolls out on a large cookie sheet (9x15x2 inch Jelly Roll Pan).  Bake in 350 degree oven for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.  Let cool.

In a medium sized mixing bowl combine the Cream Cheese, Ranch Mix, and Mayonnaise.  Spread over the cooled crust.



Chop Vegetables

Add chopped Vegetables.






Top with Cheeses.



Chill for at least an hour before serving.


No comments:

Post a Comment